Canton, OH — November 16, 2012 — Patriot Software.com today announced its support of this year’s Small Business Saturday, November 24, 2012. Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to strengthening the community by supporting local, independently-owned small businesses.
“We are proud to be a corporate supporter for Small Business Saturday’s ‘ShopSmall’ campaign,” stated Patriot Software’s president and owner, Mike Kappel. A serial entrepreneur himself, Kappel is a strong advocate for small business. Patriot Software.com recognizes the importance of supporting small business, the jobs they help create and the culture they instill in local communities.
Millions of Shoppers
In 2011, millions of consumers shopped at small businesses on Small Business Saturday.(1) American Express, founding partner of Small Business Saturday, is preparing for the third annual initiative on November 24, 2012.
Getting Involved in Small Business Saturday
Small business owners and their supporters can visit ShopSmall.com to take advantage of marketing tools from American Express, such as:
- Free online advertising for qualifying small business owners (2)
- Social media tools to help local businesses spread the word about Small Business Saturday
- Personalized point-of-purchase materials for small business owners to show their involvement in the program
- Searchable map where consumers can search for American Express Card accepting small businesses near them
Customer Incentive: American Express Credit Offer
For the third year in a row, American Express is offering Cardmembers the opportunity to get a $25 statement credit when they enroll their eligible American Express ® card and then use it to spend $25 or more in a single in-store transaction at a qualifying small business location on Small Business Saturday. The number of enrollments is limited.
About Small Business Saturday
Small Business Saturday was created in 2010 in response to small business owners’ most pressing need: more customers. According to the Small Businesses Association, small businesses nationwide have accounted for 65% of net new jobs created over the past 17 years and represent 99.7% of all employer firms. More than 2.7 million Facebook users, 230 public and private organizations, 75 corporations and elected officials in all 50 states and Washington D.C., declared their support for Small Business Saturday last year. More than 500,000 small business owners leveraged an online tool or promotional materials for Small Business Saturday 2011, and 15,000 businesses signed up for free Facebook advertising to promote their products and services.
(1) Based on 2011 Small Business Saturday consumer survey, by Echo Research, commissioned by American Express.
(2) Eligibility restrictions apply. Ads are available while supplies of inventory last. See Terms and Conditions, available at ShopSmall.com/business-advertising, for complete details.