Salary employee time can be recorded in one of two ways:
- Entered by the employer on the Manage Time Cards page, or
- Entered by the employee through their employee portal account – see Salary Employees: Entering My Time Worked
If you will be entering time for hourly employees, see Editing Time Cards for Hourly Employees.
Note: You can only edit unpaid time cards. Time cards that have already been paid can no longer be edited.
To enter or edit time for an salary employee:
The time card is an optional feature for salary employees. Any hours entered in time cards of salary employees will not be used to calculate gross pay. These hours are simply informational numbers for recordkeeping purposes.
1. Go to Payroll > Time and Attendance Tasks > Manage Time Cards. By default, a list of employee time cards will display for the current pay period. To edit a different pay period, choose the dates from the dropdown menu and click Run Report.
2. Click the Edit (pencil) icon in an employee’s row to view and make changes to the time card. If the employee is paid weekly, the time card will show a grid for one week. If the employee is paid biweekly, the time card will show a grid for two weeks. Each day is shown in columns, and the hour codes are shown in rows.
3. Enter the number of total hours worked per day.
4. To add non-worked hours such as vacation or holiday, click “Other Hours.” New rows will appear on the time card. Enter the total daily non-worked hours in the corresponding row. See Adding Non-Worked Hours to Time Cards for set-up instructions.
5. Add any comments, if needed. There is a space at the bottom of the time card to add manager comments about this pay period. Employees using the employee portal can also add their own comments. Note that your comments will be visible to employees.
6. Check the “Manager Approved” box when you’re finished entering time for the pay period. It is not necessary for the employee-approved box to be checked.
7. Click Exit Time Card. A box will appear asking if you want to save your changes. Answer yes or no.
8. Once you approve the time cards, you are ready to Send Time to Payroll.