Pay As You Go Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Background on Pay As You Go Workers’ Compensation Insurance
As a Patriot Software customer, you have the ability to pay your workers’ compensation insurance premiums in small amounts based on each payroll (referred to as “pay as you go” workers’ comp insurance). Patriot Software has partnered with AP Intego to offer workers’ compensation insurance coverage to our payroll customers. AP Intego Insurance Group is a nationally licensed broker and a major provider of workers compensation and other lines of property and casualty coverages. Workers Compensation is available to all customers in states that allow purchasing workers’ comp insurance from a private carrier. AP Intego offers a “Pay-As-You-Go” (PAYG) program, through multiple insurance carriers, that lets businesses pay their workers’ comp premiums each time they run a payroll. For more background on workers’ comp insurance, see How Do I Find Workers’ Compensation Coverage?
Advantages of Pay As You Go (PAYG) Workers’ Comp Insurance
- No upfront premium payment
- No need to budget for large lump sum premium payments
- Your workers’ compensation premium payments are spread over the entire year in smaller amounts
- Your premium is calculated on your actual payroll dollars, not an estimate
- A simplified audit reduces the chance of additional or return premium
- Patriot Software payroll is fully integrated with AP Intego workers’ compensation premiums
- AP Intego will collect your premiums each pay period
To Begin using PAYG Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- When you log into Patriot Software, you will see information about about how to get a quote for workers’ compensation insurance through AP Intego in the Marketplace main menu, the Payroll Home page, and under Settings > Payroll > Workers’ Comp Settings.
- From any of these pages, click “Get a Quote.”
- An online form will open in a new browser tab. This is an AP Intego quote request form.
- Complete all of the fields and click “Submit.” This will submit your information directly to AP Intego (not Patriot Software).
After AP Intego receives your request for a quote, they will contact you within 4 business hours, and will typically issue you a quote the same day. If you choose to accept their quote and obtain a workers’ compensation insurance policy, AP Intego will collect your bank account info from you. They will directly debit the workers’ comp premiums from your bank account the week following each payroll.
Ongoing PAYG Process Each Payroll
- At the time your PAYG workers’ compensation policy has been established, AP Intego will notify Patriot Software.
- You will need to confirm your company-level workers’ comp codes have been added and assigned to each of your employees. For details, see:
- Patriot Software will then begin to send your payroll data to AP Intego beginning with paychecks dated on or after the effective date of your PAYG workers’ comp insurance policy. The payroll data includes each employee’s name, classification code, and payroll dollars.
- AP Intego will receive your payroll data and use this to calculate your workers’ compensation premiums based on your premium rates per $100 of payroll for each classification code. The premium is calculated every Wednesday.
- AP Intego will send you an advice of debit for the premium amount for that payroll on Thursday, and debit your bank account the following Monday.
- This process will repeat each time you run a payroll. If you run more than one payroll per day, all payrolls will be sent together to AP Intego for that day.
Patriot will send any completed payrolls to AP Intego st at the end of each weekday, Monday through Friday. If you run a payroll over the weekend, the data will be sent to AP Intego at the end of the following business day.
To transfer your existing PAYG policy with AP Intego to Patriot
If you are an existing client of AP Intego with a workers’ comp policy and are changing payroll providers to Patriot Software, please contact AP Intego directly at email@example.com or (888) 289-2939. AP Intego will then notify Patriot that your policy has been transferred and will confirm the paycheck date for Patriot to begin sending over your payrolls.
Have policy questions?
If you are an existing PAYG customer and have questions about your workers’ comp policy, you can contact AP Intego directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 289-2939.
New customers can contact AP Intego at email@example.com or (888) 289-2939.