If you have the HR Software, you can identify which employees are managers and assign employees that directly report to them in your organization. The Manager Settings page is a convenient way to view all managers and their direct reports and make bulk edits if needed. Please note, you can only set up managers who are added as W2 employees in the software.
To access the settings in your account, go to Settings > HR Settings > Manager Settings.
You can also assign employees to a manager on the employee record on the HR Info tab. For more information please read Using Employee Position History in Patriot HR.
- On the “Managers” Tab Click +Add New Manager
- Choose the employee on the dropdown of “Select Manager” with a managerial role in your company.
- “Select Employees” will allow you to assign employees that directly report to the manager you selected above.
- You will only see employees in the drop-down not assigned to a manager.
- Click “Save.”
- On the “Manager Settings” page, you will see Managers listed with the count of employees assigned under them as direct reports.
- To edit or add employees assigned to a manager, click the edit button to go to the “Edit Manager” page. There you can unassign or add employees as needed. Click “Save” when you have completed your changes.
- To remove an employee designated as a manager, click the trashcan icon to the right of the chart. All employees assigned as direct reports to the manager will be unassigned to a manager.
- After you remove a manager, you will have the option to assign employees to the removed manager’s supervisor or leave employees as “unassigned” (no manager).
All employees will be listed on the “Employee” tab and includes the employee status, employee title, and manager (if assigned to one). This page will allow you to change multiple managers at once.
- By default, only active employees will show. Toggle the “show inactives” to include inactive employees on the list.
- Click the employee name to take you to the employee record. For more information about the employee record, check out our help article Using Employee Position History in Patriot HR.
- You can change the manager of an employee by selecting a new name under the “Manager” column dropdown.