Getting Started with Patriot Software Payroll
When you sign up as a payroll software customer, you will go through a set-up wizard, and enter all of your company and employee information needed in order to begin running payrolls.
- Company Tax Settings: You will need to enter your Federal Employee Identification Number, along with any state or local tax ID numbers. For more information, see Company Payroll Tax Settings in Patriot Software.
- Add Employees: For more information, see How to Add a New Employee.
- State Unemployment Rate: After you add at least one employee, you’ll need to enter the State Unemployment (SUTA) rate for your state. For more information, see Updating Your SUTA Unemployment Rate.
- Choose Your Paycheck Printing Option: Select whether you need to print your paychecks, and if so, how your checks should print: stub only, check on top, or check on bottom. See Setting Up Printed Paychecks for more information.
- Credit/Debit Card Info: We require a credit card in order to use the software, but you will not be billed until your free trial is over. For instructions, see Company Credit or Debit Card Setup.
You can add or change information later in the Settings section for each product.
If you are a new employer, please visit New Employer Information By State, a resource with important links and information for each state.
If you have signed up for Full Service Payroll, see How to Add the Payroll Tax Filing Service.