After entering the bills you owe from your vendors in Patriot Software, you can now easily pay your vendor bills. You also have the option to enter and pay a vendor bill at the same time. To pay a vendor bill, follow the steps below:
Accounting > Payables > Pay Bills
Select Bills to Pay:
- Check each box to select the bills you would like to pay. A separate check will be created for each vendor if you select bills from multiple vendors. You can filter by vendor name and click to sort each column.
Enter Payment Details:
- Select the “Payment Type” (for example, check, credit card, cash)
- Withdraw Account – if this is a different account from the default account, click the dropdown.
- When changing the withdraw account and printing checks from blank check stock, please be sure to change the account and routing numbers in your check printing options. See our help article, Vendor Check Printing Options, to learn more.
- Add the “Payment Date” of the bill
- After you have selected all the bills you would like to pay, click the “Save and Continue” button.
Next, you will see a list of the details of each bill you selected for payment, along with a summary of the total for each vendor and a grand total for your vendor payments. If these totals are correct, click the Approve Payments button to print your checks or stubs. If you want to make changes, click “Back to Step 1” to return to the previous page and make changes.
After you have approved your payments, you can print your checks or check stubs, depending on the option you selected in Vendor Check Print Options. Choose to print your checks either now or later.
To print checks now:
- Enter the starting check number. Check numbers can be printed on your checks.
- Click “Download and Print Checks.” A PDF will open with a page for each check. Print now or save them to print later. Be sure your pop-up blocker is disabled.
- Load check stock in your printer and print your checks.
- Click “I’m Finished Printing” when you are done. You can also reprint these same checks later.
To print checks later:
You can print or re-print your checks anytime by going to the “Print Vendor Checks” page. See Printing Vendor Checks After Payment for more details.
Your feedback will not receive a reply. If you have a specific issue, please reach out to our support team here.