Background: Entering invoices from your vendors for better tracking of accounts payables
When one of your vendors presents you with an invoice to pay, you may want to create an invoice in Patriot Software so that you can keep better track of your Accounts Payables. You will be able to see how much you owe and to which vendors. This is an optional feature, and you may choose to pay your vendors directly without an invoice.
How to enter a vendor invoice in Patriot Software
- Accounting > Vendor Tasks > Enter a Vendor Invoice
- Select the vendor for this invoice. You can also add a new vendor right here by clicking “Add New.”
- Enter the vendor invoice number, if there is one. This is optional.
- Enter the invoice date and due date.
- Enter the purchase order number, if there is one. This is optional.
- Enter an optional description.
- Select an account that this invoice payment will be recorded to.
- Select the 1099 Type that you will use to pay the vendor for this line item. For more information, see our help article about which 1099 type to choose?
- Select a department, if you wish to record this vendor invoice to a department. For more details, see Managing Accounting Departments.
- Enter the amount of the invoice.
- Click “Add Line Item” to add more than one item to the vendor invoice.
- Enter any optional invoice comments.
- Click “Save Invoice.”
After entering an invoice from your vendor, you will see a confirmation that the vendor invoice has been created. You can edit, void, or delete the invoice, if needed. You can now pay this vendor invoice. For more details, see Paying Vendor Invoices.