Creating Forms 1099 and 1096 in Patriot Software
Accounting and payroll software customers:
- You can create and print paper 1099 forms to give to your contractors, and
- file a paper 1096 form with the IRS, or you also have the option to have Patriot e-File your 1099 forms with the IRS. For more details, see our help article, Electronically Filing Your 1099s.
First, make sure you have completed the steps mentioned in the article Before You Create 1099 Forms to ensure you have everything you need.
Create 1099/1096 for paper filing
Before you paper file your own 1099s and 1096 with the IRS, go to:
Reports > 1099 Contractor Forms > Create and View 1099/1096 Forms
- Select the year
- Click the “Create New” link
- Under “Action” click “Download Options”
- A pdf will download with the form type you selected.
- You may also find this article helpful, ” Viewing and Printing Forms 1099 and 1096.”
Will Patriot mail 1099s to contractors and vendors for me?
You will need to print and distribute paper copies of Form 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC (whichever applies) to your contractors and vendors.
Create 1099/1096 for E-Filing
Reports > 1099 Contractor Forms > e-File 1099s
Keep in mind that if you have any contractors who are set to receive a 1099 but are missing a tax ID, you will see a message with a link to enter this missing information first.
At the end of the e-filing process, you will be able to download your 1099 forms to distribute to vendors and contractors. To learn more about e-filing, please read our help article, Electronically File Your 1099s
Your feedback will not receive a reply. If you have a specific issue, please reach out to our support team here.