If you have paid any vendors this year before using Patriot Software, you should update the vendor’s payment history in Patriot Software so all amounts paid will be included on the 1099. You can update the payment history for one vendor at a time.
Accounting > Vendor Tasks > Update Payment History
- Select the Vendor from the dropdown list.
- If you want this payment to be recorded as a withdrawal, check the “Create a transaction to Checking” box. Otherwise, leave the box unchecked.
- Enter the Check Date.
- Enter a Comment, if desired.
- Enter the Amount of the update/correction.
- Select the Account this update should be posted to, if you have checked the “Create a transaction to Checking” box (1099 only customers won’t see this).
- Select the 1099 Type from the dropdown list. If you’re not sure, see Which 1099 Type Do I Choose?
- Select a Department, if you wish to record this vendor payment to a department and you have checked the “Create a transaction to Checking” box (1099 only customers won’t see this). For more details, see Managing Accounting Departments.
- To add more updates to this vendor and check date, click the “Add Payment” link at the end of the row, and enter the additional payment.
- Click “Save Payment History” when you are finished.
You will see a confirmation message that your payment has been saved. The entry will now appear in your Vendor Payment Report and will be included in the totals on Form 1099. If you have checked the “Create a transaction to Checking” box, this payment will also appear in your Activity by Account report as a withdrawal from your Checking account.