Record A Past Contractor Payment
If you have made a payment to contractor this year outside of using Patriot Software, you should update the contractor’s payment history in Patriot Software so all amounts paid will be included on their Form 1099. You can record past payments for one contractor at a time.
If you only have Accounting and need to update payment history for a vendor, see Record a Vendor Past Payment.
To update contractor payment history in payroll:
Payroll > 1099 Contractors > Record Past Payments
- Select the Contractor from the dropdown list.
- If you have Patriot’s Accounting software and want this payment to be recorded as a withdrawal from your checking account, check the “Create an accounting entry in the software” box. Otherwise, leave the box unchecked.
- Enter the Check Date.
- Enter a Comment, if desired.
- Select the 1099 Type from the dropdown list. This determines which box on Form 1099 that the money will be reported. If you’re not sure, see the IRS Instructions for Form 1099.
- Enter the Amount of the update/correction.
- Select the Account this update should be posted to, if you have checked the “Create an accounting entry in the software” box (Payroll only customers won’t see this).
- Select a Department if you wish to record this vendor payment to a department and you have checked the “Create an accounting entry in the software” box (Payroll only customers won’t see this). For more details, see Managing Accounting Departments.
- To add more updates to this contractor and check date, click “Add Row” and enter the additional payment.
- Click “Save Payment History” when you are finished.
You will see a confirmation message that your payment has been saved. The entry will now appear in your Contractor Payment History Report and will be included in the totals on Form 1099.
Your feedback will not receive a reply. If you have a specific issue, please reach out to our support team here.