When you void a payment, you will reverse the payment you made to the vendor. You can void one check at a time.
1. Find the check that you want to void in one of two ways:
- Reports > Accounting > Vendor Reports > Vendor Payment History
- Select the vendor whose check you want to void.
- Select the check date range and click Run Report.
- Accounting > Your Company > Vendors > Vendor Name
- Click the “Payments” link for that vendor.
- Enter the check date range and click Run Report.
2. Once you have located the check, follow these steps:
- Click “Void Check” at the bottom of the check detail.
- A confirmation screen will appear asking “Are you sure you want to void this check?”
- Click “Yes” to proceed or “No” to return to the previous screen without voiding.
In the Vendor Payment History report and on the Vendor Payments screen, you will see the date the check was voided.