Accounting Setup Checklist
Getting started with Patriot’s Accounting Software is easy when you have everything you need to enter into the software.
For your convenience, you can also download this list.
Here’s a list of some suggested documents to have handy for your accounting setup:
- A spreadsheet of your Chart of Accounts – You can upload your Chart of Accounts into Patriot’s accounting software with a few clicks. If you are new to accounting and just setting up for the first time, please check out our help article, Setting Up Your Chart of Accounts.
- All bank account login information – This will be useful if you want to connect your bank account to import transactions automatically. Alternatively, you can manually import your bank transactions.
- Your customer list and information – You can import your customers into the software. You can also manually enter your customer information.
- Your vendor list and information – If you have your vendors in a spreadsheet, you’ll be able to import your vendors into the software. You can also add your vendor information manually.
- Your product and/or services – Add product or service information, such as a description, default price, and the income account. Check out our help article for more details.
- Your sales tax rates – Read our help article on setting up your sales tax rate in the accounting software.
- Your trial balance – You can import your trial balance into the software. Check out our blog post for more information on trial balances.
- All outstanding customer invoices – You’ll need to add each unpaid customer invoice, one at a time.
- All unpaid bills you owe – You’ll need to add each outstanding vendor bills you owe, one at a time.
Beginning balances and the date of your last reporting period – Please read our help article, “Entering Your Beginning Balances.”
Your feedback will not receive a reply. If you have a specific issue, please reach out to our support team here.