Setting Up Products and Services
When you create and send invoices to your customers, you will add the products and/or services that you charge to customers as items on the invoice. You can add new products/services “on the fly” while you are creating an invoice, or go to the Products & Services page to set up your list of items.
To manage your products or services:
Accounting > Receivables > Products & Services
To add a product or service:
- Click “Add New.” A set of blank fields will appear.
- Enter a Description for the product or service, up to 40 characters. Note this description cannot be changed once you use the product/service on an invoice.
- Enter an optional Default Price for the product/service. You’ll be able to change the price on an invoice if needed.
- Select an optional “Per” item unit of measurement.
- If this product/service is subject to sales tax, check the box. For more information on setting your sales tax rate, see Setting Up Sales Tax.
- Select the Income Account for this product/service.
- Click Save.
To edit a product or service:
- Click the name of the product/service you want to edit.
- You may only edit the description of the product/service if it has not been used on an invoice. Otherwise, you can inactivate the product and add a new product with the new name.
- By default, this product/service will be active, which means it can be selected when you create a new invoice. You can edit and uncheck the “Active” box if you no longer use this product/service.
- Make your changes, and click Save.
To delete a product or service:
- You may only delete products/services that have not been used on an invoice.
- Click “Delete” in the row of the product/service you want to delete.
- Click Yes to delete.