Learning how to set up payroll with Patriot Software’s payroll software is easy. If you gather this information ahead of time, your account setup will go even more smoothly. To begin, you will need the following items:
- Your company legal name, DBA (if applicable), and company address
- All of your tax ID numbers, including:
- Your federal employer identification number (EIN)
- Your state tax withholding ID number
- Your local tax ID numbers (if applicable)
- Your state unemployment (SUTA) account number and SUTA rate for your company. Note: Your state unemployment agency may send your SUTA rate determination in a separate letter. This rate is based on your industry and your company’s individual claim history for unemployment.
- All employee information*, including :
- Social Security numbers
- tax filing status
- details on current deductions & contributions
- (*This can be found on the W-4 form filled out by your employees.)
- The pay rate and pay frequency (weekly, biweekly, etc.) for all employees.
- All payroll registers for the current year, by pay date.
- All employer taxes for the current year, by pay date.
- Copies of all tax filings for current year (i.e. 941, state & local tax returns, SUTA).
Once you sign up to be a payroll customer, the software will prompt you to enter the information step-by-step in the onboarding wizard.
Are you a new business owner?
If you have a new business and still need to apply for these tax accounts, check out our payroll information for employers page for information specific to your state. Check the box “I don’t have my EIN right now” for these tax accounts until you receive all your tax account information, and continue with your setup.
Let us do the work for you with Free Setup.
Did you know that Patriot Software offers free payroll setup for all new customers? We can enter all of your data for you, including your year-to-date payroll information. If you’d like to take advantage of this option, first, sign up for a free trial. You can forward the above items along with your completed customer service agreement for payroll setup by fax to # 330-454-5451, upload them to your existing account, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in Full Service Payroll?
Patriot Software offers a full-service payroll option, where we will handle all of your applicable payroll tax deposits and filings, as well as any correspondence with taxing agencies. To get started with full service payroll, just contact us.
We want to help. We can walk you through the setup process and point you in the right direction, and provide ongoing support. The best part — routine support is free. Call us, chat us, or send us an email.