What If I Don’t Have All My Tax Account Numbers?

April 6, 2015


If you do not yet have a tax account number for a specific tax, you will need to apply as a new filer.  While it’s best to have all of your tax account numbers when you first start with Patriot PAY, you can mark an account as “Applied For” so you can run payroll without delay.

For specific new employer information and resources for income tax and unemployment tax in your state, see New Employer Information By State.

Here’s how mark an account as “Applied For”:

  1. Payroll > Payroll Settings >Tax Settings > Edit.
  2. Find the tax you need to edit.
  3. Choose Yes for Applied For. The EIN/Account # field will disappear.
  4. Click Save.



On the Tax Settings page, you will see the tax that you marked as “Applied For:”



Note: As soon as you receive your account numbers, remember to return to the Tax Settings screen to add them. For more information, read the article How Do I Update My Payroll Tax Account Numbers?

Search Payroll Help

Can't Find Your Answer? Contact Us!