If you discover that you need to correct information after you have already entered payroll history, you must void the incorrect paycheck history for the employee and then re-enter it. You can only void payroll history if you have not yet run a regular payroll. To void a paycheck that was processed in the payroll software (as opposed to a paycheck before you starting using Patriot’s payroll software), see How to Void a Paycheck in Patriot’s Payroll Software.
Note: If you are a Full Service Payroll customer, you may only void checks that have not yet been included in tax filings.
To Void a Check from Prior Payroll History:
Payroll > Payroll Tasks > Void Checks
- A list of available payroll history will appear. If you only see a Type of “Paychecks” and not “Payroll History,” this means you have already run regular payrolls and won’t be able to void payroll history here. You will need to contact our Customer Support department for assistance.
- If needed, you can click “View Details” beside each history to see more details.
- Check the box next to each paycheck history you want to void, and click “Void Selected Checks.”
- A screen confirming the details will appear, asking “Are you sure” you want to void. Click “Yes” to proceed with the void.
- In the Payroll Details report, you will see in red lettering at the top of the check history that the paycheck was voided, as well as the date of the void.