Basic Payroll Customers: Completing Form 941
If you are a Basic Payroll Software customer, and you pay and file your own payroll taxes (or have someone do it for you), Patriot Software offers a pre-filled Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return (Form 941) for you to use.
Note that only some — but not all — of your company tax information is pre-filled on the form. You will need to enter additional information in the PDF before you can file the form with the IRS.
You can refer to the full IRS Instructions for Form 941 for further help.
To download and complete the 941 form, log in and follow these instructions:
- Reports > Payroll Tax Reports > 941s
- Select the year and quarter for the form you want to download.
- Click Download. A partially completed Form 941 will download to your computer.
- You can also download instructions to complete your Form 941.
- Click the downloaded file to display and complete the form. Unless you have a full version of Adobe, you cannot save the information typed into the PDF form. You can type and then print the form for your records. You may also handwrite information on the printed form.
Also see Basic Payroll Customers: Completing Form 940 instructions for filing your annual Federal Unemployment Taxes for the year.