How to Report for Your Workers’ Comp Annual Audit
If your workers’ compensation insurance carrier has requested payroll information for your annual audit, and you do not have pay-as-you-go workers’ comp with Patriot, here is how to find the info you need:
Option 1: Use the Payroll Details Report
- Go to Reports > Payroll Reports > Payroll Details
- Change the start and end date from Jan 1 to Dec 31 (or if you just need a quarter, change the dates as needed)
- For totals by employee, change “Group By” to “Employee”
- Click Run Report
- You will see the total gross pay for everyone and also the overtime breakdown
- You can print a PDF of this report to give to your carrier or click “Download Spreadsheet” to download the data to a CSV file. Note the CSV has a column for OT wages, but you’ll need to add all of the earnings columns together to get their gross pay
If you need to include a copy of your tax filings as a Full Service Payroll customer, you can find these under Reports > Payroll Tax Reports > Tax Filings and they will be listed by quarter.
Option 2: Use the Workers’ Comp Wages Report
We have a workers’ comp wages report, which reports gross pay and overtime pay per workers’ comp code. But to run the report for past pay dates where the codes haven’t been set up, you’ll need to first set up your company-level workers’ comp codes, assign a code to each employee, and contact our Customer Care team to add these workers’ comp codes to the payrolls you’ve run. For more information, see Workers’ Compensation Wages Report.
Option 3: Sign up for Pay-as-you-go Workers’ Comp
With pay-as-you-go workers’ comp, the need to pull this information for an annual audit happens much less frequently, since you’re reporting payroll data each time you run a payroll. For more information, see Pay As You Go Workers’ Compensation Insurance.