How to Cancel a Product in Patriot Software
With Patriot Software, you have the freedom to cancel your software at any time. Patriot Software bills in arrears, so you will still receive a final monthly software invoice on the first day of the following month for the final period of service. If you cancel a product in the middle of a month, you will only be charged for the days the product was active.
To Cancel a Product or Account in Patriot Software
- Go to Settings > Company Settings > Add or Cancel Software.
- Your selected products are shown with a green box and check mark. To cancel an active product, click the green box.
- Select the reason for cancelling and answer any corresponding questions.
- Click “Save Changes.”
To Cancel Full Service Payroll
If you are a Full-Service Payroll customer, we will need to get more details about exactly when you want to stop the tax filing service.
- Click “Continue” to begin the Full-Service Payroll cancellation process.
- Select an end date, which specifies whether Patriot will complete all filings until the end of the actual cancel date, month, quarter, or year (depending on when you cancel).
- If you select either end of quarter or year, we will ask if this will be your final Form 941 filing.
- You will see a snapshot of your tax responsibility, and Patriot’s responsibility.
- If Patriot is refunding tax collections, we will show you the refund amount. If Patriot will handling future taxes, we will charge $30 for each additional month.
- Click “Cancel Software” to finish the process.
After you cancel your software, you’ll be invoiced for the days that the software was active on the first of the next month.
Why was my credit card charged after I canceled?
This is because Patriot bills in “arrears.” This method of invoicing means you receive services first, and then pay for them. Here’s how it works: Patriot “looks back” to determine how many days you had active software products and how many employees you paid (if applicable) in the previous month. We then create an invoice and charge your credit card. For example, a February 1st invoice will be for active software services during the month of January.