You must first create your 1099s before you can view and print them. See Creating Forms 1099 and 1096 for more info.
To view your 1099 and 1096 forms:
In the left menu, go to Accounting > Forms > View and Print 1099/1096.
- Forms created from the current year will display. If needed, change the year and click Run.
- If you have e-Filed your 1099s, you will only need to print your 1099s to give to your vendors. You will not need to print Form 1096.
- You have two print options for your 1099 forms:
- Formatted is intended to be printed on IRS-approved perforated 2-up forms. A PDF will appear with one page for every two 1099s. You can either print this now or save this document to your computer to print later.
- Print Friendly prints one 1099 at a time on blank paper.
To print your 1099 and 1096 forms:
- Load your IRS-approved 1099 Copy A forms (red pre-printed forms) in your printer. If you have e-Filed your 1099s, you do not need to print these, since Patriot is filing them with the IRS for you.
- Load the same number of 1099 Copy B forms (black pre-printed forms OR blank paper if Printer Friendly) in your printer, and repeat the print step above.
- Load your pre-printed IRS-approved 1096 form in your printer and print only the last page of the PDF. You only need to file one copy of the 1096 with the IRS. If you have e-Filed your 1099s, you do not need to print this, since Patriot will file your Form 1096 electronically with your 1099s.
Distributing Forms 1099 and 1096
Your responsibility depends on whether Patriot is e-Filing for you.
|Patriot e-Files||Send to IRS||Send to Each Vendor|
|Yes||Nothing, Patriot will send for you||One copy of Form 1099 Copy B (black pre-printed forms OR printed on blank paper)|
|No||One copy of each Form 1099 Copy A (red printed forms) and the 1096 summary. You can find the IRS mailing address for your state in the IRS publication General Instructions for Certain Information Returns.||One copy of Form 1099 Copy B (black pre-printed forms OR printed on blank paper)|