Payroll Help

Your Payroll Software questions answered here

Connecticut New Employer Information

Congratulations on your decision to become a new employer in Connecticut! You will need a few things in place before you run your first payroll. For help registering your business in Connecticut, check out our partner, CorpNet.

Federal and State Tax Accounts

Federal Tax Accounts:

Apply for an EIN View Details
Enroll in EFTPS View Details

State of Connecticut Tax Accounts

Register With CT Department of Revenue Services View Details
Register With Connecticut Department of Labor View Details
Register With Connecticut Paid Leave Authority View Details
Get Your SUTA Rate View Details

State-mandated Insurance:

Sign up for Workers’ Comp Insurance View Details

Setting Up Your New Employee

Fill Out Form I-9 View Details
Have Employee Fill Out Federal Form W-4 View Details
Have Employee Fill Out State Form CT-W4 View Details
Report New Hires View Details
Meet Minimum Wage Requirements View Details

Once you have all the necessary information, you will be able to set up your payroll for your business.

You need to keep employee payroll records for a minimum of three years. For more information, read our help article, “What Employers Should Know About Employee Payroll Records

This is not an all-inclusive list and employers should contact their state and local government for a full list of compliances.

Let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help!

Your feedback will not receive a reply. If you have a specific issue, please reach out to our support team here.