Payroll Help

Your Payroll Software questions answered here

Alaska New Employer Information

Congratulations on your decision to become a new employer in Alaska! You will need a few things in place before you run your first payroll. For help registering your business in Alaska, check out our partner, CorpNet.

Federal and State Tax Accounts

Federal Tax Accounts:

Apply for an EIN View Details
Enroll in EFTPS View Details

State of Alaska Tax Accounts:

Register With Alaska Department of Labor View Details
Get Your SUTA Rate View Details

Setting Up Your New Employee:

Fill Out Form I-9 View Details
Have Employee Fill Out Federal Form W-4 View Details
Report New Hires View Details
Meet Minimum Wage Requirements View Details

Once you have all the necessary information, you will be able to set up your payroll for your business. Read, What Information Is Needed To Set Up Payroll?

You will be required to keep employee payroll records for at least three years. For more information, please read our help article, “What Employers Should Know About Employee Payroll Records”.

This is not an all-inclusive list. Please visit your state and federal government websites for more information.

Let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help!

Your feedback will not receive a reply. If you have a specific issue, please reach out to our support team here.