How to Find Year-To-Date Payroll Totals
To get your year-to-date payroll totals from the beginning of the year through now, go to the Payroll Details report, found in Reports > Payroll Reports > Payroll Details.
For the report filter at the top of the page:
- Change the Start Date to January 1 of this year. The End date will default to your most recent payroll activity, but you can change this as needed.
- To include all employees, leave all of them selected. Otherwise, choose the employees you want to include in the report.
- All sources will be selected by default. Otherwise, choose the sources you want to include in the report.
- Choose how you want to group the report. When getting year-to-date numbers, the “Employee” grouping is helpful if you want to see year-to-date totals by employee.
- Check: will display each payroll entry separately, including whether it was an actual paycheck, a payroll update, or a prior payroll history entry, and the check transaction date and time. Note the transaction date and times are in your company’s time zone.
- Pay Date: will aggregate all checks together for each pay date in the date range.
- Employee: will aggregate all checks together for one employee, helpful if you need to look up year-to-date earnings.
- Totals: will aggregate all employees’ checks together. Use this option to view the total for all employees.
- Location: If you have added more than one company location, you can view the total for all employees at that location.
Your filter at the top should look like this. Click Run Report and you will see year-to-date totals for each employee.