Background: Patriot Software Employee Portal
As a payroll customer of Patriot Software, your employees have access to their own employee portal at www.MyPatriot.com at no additional cost. Each employee will create their own username and password, and can access their own paycheck information, tax withholding information, time cards (if you have our Time and Attendance software), and other employment information pertaining to them.
How to invite an employee to register for their Patriot Software employee portal
You can send a registration invitation email to each employee. When the employee receives the email invitation, they can sign up for their employee portal and access the portal immediately.
There are three ways to send an employee a portal registration invitation email:
- During the Setup Wizard: As a new customer when you add employees in the wizard, enter their email address (it can be either a business or personal email) and check the box “Send Employee Portal Registration Email.” The invitation will be sent to this email address when you finish adding the employee.
- Adding a new employee after the Wizard: When you add a new employee anytime after you have completed the setup wizard by going to Payroll > Employees > Add Employee, enter their email address and check the box “Send Employee Portal Registration Email.” The invitation will be sent to this email address when you finish adding the employee.
- Existing employees: For existing employees you have already added, go to their record under Payroll > Employees > Employee List > Select Employee Name.
- Click the “Employee Portal” tab on their record.
- If the employee does not have an email address entered in their record, click “Add Email Address” and enter the employee’s email, and click “Save.” Then click “Send Invite.”
- If the employee already has an email address on their record, click “Send Invite.”
- You will see a green confirmation message at the top of the page “Employee Portal Invitation Sent!”
In each of the three scenarios above, the employee will receive an email with registration instructions. The email will be sent to the employee from “Do-Not-Reply@mypatriot.com.” Here is what the email to the employee looks like:
The employee will click the link in the email to go to their registration page. They will create their own username and password, and can update their own email address, if needed. When they click “Register and Log In,” they will immediately be logged into their portal. For security reasons, the employer will not have access to employee usernames and passwords. The employee will be able to reset their own password, as long as they have a valid email address on their record. Employees who already have portal logins will be prompted to enter an email address for password recovery the next time they log in.
Viewing the Status of Employee Portal Registrations
You can view the status of each of your employee portal software registrations by going to Payroll > Employees > Employee List. The last column in the list is “Portal Registration.”
- Send Invite: The employee has not yet been sent an invitation. You can click “Send Invite” to go to their record and send the email invitation.
- Invite Sent: The employee has been sent an email invitation, but has not yet registered.
- Complete: The employee has received the email and registered for their portal access.