Employee Census Report
The Employee Census Report is available to payroll customers and gives a snapshot of your employees’ employment date information. You can find this report under Reports > Payroll Reports > Employee Census.
Using the Employee Census Report
- You can show all statuses or only active, inactive, leave of absence, or terminated.
- The information on the employee census report includes:
- Last Name
- Middle Name
- First Name
- Home Phone Number
- Cell Phone Number
- Street Address
- Zip Code
- Social Security number – the screen view only shows the last four digits. The downloaded version can print the entire social security number, but you must re-enter your password.
- Hire Date
- Current Status
- Termination Date – Termination dates are only available through the HR Software or if you have Vestwell as a 401(k) provider. If an employee has more than one termination date in their Employee Status History, only the most recent one will appear in the census report.
- Rehire Date – If an employee has more than one rehire date in their Employee Status History, only the most recent rehire date will appear in the census report.
- YTD Hours Worked – (Year-to-date) Hours Worked
- Click any column header with an arrow to sort by that column.
- Print as a PDF or download a .csv file to view in a spreadsheet.
- As mentioned above, to show whole social security numbers in a printed report, you will have to re-enter your password.
If you have a 401(k) plan with Vestwell, you will see a dropdown to run your Year End 401(k) Retirement Plan Census. For more details, see Vestwell 401(k) Plan Sponsors: How to Prepare for Year-End Discrimination Testing.
Your feedback will not receive a reply. If you have a specific issue, please reach out to our support team here.