Setting Up Credit Card Payments in Patriot’s Accounting Software
As an Accounting customer, you have the option to offer payment of your customer invoices by credit card. Patriot Software has partnered with Clover Connect, a third-party payment processor, to provide you and your customers with a seamless payment experience. If you have questions about setting up a new or existing merchant account, you can reach Clover Connect Support directly at 877-828-0720.
Patriot Software does not charge any fees to accept credit card payments. However, Clover Connect does have a “per transaction” fee schedule based on the credit card type. Clover Connect will deduct these fees directly from your account.
Applying for a Clover Connect Account
To accept credit card payments in Patriot’s Accounting Software, you must apply for a separate Clover Connect account. The link to the Cover Connect application is conveniently located in the software.
- Go to Settings > Accounting Settings > Transaction Settings > Credit Card Payment Settings.
- Click the link “Learn how to accept credit card payments from your customers.”
- Click “Go To Clover Connect.” You’ll be sent to Clover Connect’s application.
Once approved through Clover Connect, you will be given a login to a separate Clover Connect portal. You can keep track of the credit card payments customers have made, the funding to your bank account, and any credit card fees you have paid in the portal.
Finish Your Credit Card Settings in Patriot Software
After your account with Clover Connect is active, you must finish your credit card payment settings here in Patriot Software.
Go back to Settings > Accounting Settings > Transaction Settings > Credit Card Payments
Keep the Accept Credit Card Payments set to “Enabled.” You can disable this later if you want to stop accepting credit cards.
You’ll complete these settings:
- Automatically add credit card payment link to all emailed invoices? When you mark this “Yes,” this option will be pre-filled to “Yes” when you email each invoice. If you don’t want to show the credit card payment link on an individual invoice, you can change this to “No” on an individual invoice. You can also do the reverse and mark this “No” here on Transaction Settings, but change it to “Yes” in individual invoice emails as needed.
- Receive notifications of successful credit card payments? If you want to receive an email from Patriot each time a customer successfully pays an invoice with a credit card, mark “Yes.”
- Recording Credit Card Transactions – Choose the asset account to record credit card payments. When a customer has paid an invoice with a credit card, Patriot will automatically record the invoice payment for you.
You are now all set to start receiving credit card payments when you email your customer invoices. For more details, see the help article Accepting Credit Card Payments on Customer Invoices.
You also have other options with your Clover Connect merchant account, such as the ability to accept credit card payments in person and set up recurring payments. See the help article Get the Most Out Of Your Clover Connect Integration for more details.
Should you decide to cancel your account, please get in touch with Clover Connect for the cancelation of their services.
Your feedback will not receive a reply. If you have a specific issue, please reach out to our support team here.