Become a Certified Advisor
Accountants, CPAs, and Bookkeepers can receive special discounted pricing by becoming a Certified Advisor.
Certified Advisor Special Pricing
Becoming a Certified Advisor is a simple, two-step process:
Step 1: Apply
First, apply to our Advisor program. It’s free.
We will review your application.
Upon acceptance into the Advisor program, you will be eligible to take the certification quiz.
Step 2: Get Certified
Take the Patriot Software Certification Quiz
- The quiz is online. Watch a video and take the quiz
at the end of the video.
- There is no cost to become certified.
When you become certified, you will receive:
- Certified Advisor Badge(s) for your website
- Written content to place on your website
Within our Software:
- We will expand your software privileges, so you can oversee your clients’ records.
- You setup your clients’ records as you see fit.
- You select which products your clients will use.
- You setup your clients’ payroll and/or accounting data.
- You provide any necessary support or training for your clients.
- You determine what to charge each client. You invoice your clients.
Tax Filing Service:
- Any payroll clients you add can be either Basic Payroll customers (you handle their taxes) or Full-Service Payroll customers (we handle their taxes).
- For your Full-Service Payroll clients, Patriot Software becomes the Reporting Agent and will deposit and file your clients’ federal, state, and local taxes for you.
- You still control and oversee your clients’ accounts
- Here are your payroll tax-filing options:
Payroll Tax Filing Options for Certified Advisors
Patriot Software offers a Basic Payroll and a Full Service Payroll option. Compare the differences of our online payroll solutions. You decide which option is best for you and your clients.
For each Basic Payroll client you add, you will be responsible for depositing and filing your client’s payroll taxes. Patriot will provide an electronic W-3/SSA file, prefilled quarterly 941 forms, and a tax liabilities report to show all federal, state, and local taxes that are owed.
For each Full-Service Payroll client you add, Patriot Software becomes the Reporting Agent and will deposit and file your client’s federal, state, and local taxes. Here are the steps:
- You enter your client’s federal, state, and local (if applicable) tax account numbers and deposit frequencies into our software.
- From within our software, you download the signature-ready forms which gives Patriot authorization to deposit and file your client’s payroll taxes. You present these forms to your client for their signature, and return them to Patriot.
- Reporting Agent Authorization-Form 8655
- and any other state-required forms
- You notify your client that Patriot Software is the third party Reporting Agent who will deposit and file their payroll taxes.
- You (or your client) will instantly verify your client’s bank account for collection of taxes.
- You select the date you want Patriot to begin the tax filing service, and authorize the first tax payment of any taxes owed from payroll activity in our system.
Once our tax filing service has begun, you will be able to view reports of tax deposits made and download copies of the quarterly tax filing packets for each of your clients
November 13, 2017