While Patriot Software won’t prompt you to regularly change your password, changing it periodically can help keep your data secure.
Choosing a New Password in Patriot Software
Before you change your password in the software, you need to dream up a new one. Here are a few guidelines to create a strong, secure password that you can remember.
- Choose a password at least 10 characters long (the longer, the better.)
- Use any combination of letters, numbers, or special characters.
- Avoid the obvious, like your mother’s maiden name.
- Think of a favorite quote or phrase, and take the first letter from each word (Example: “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time” can become the password: hdyeaeobaat.)
- Strengthen the password further by scrambling the phrase with other characters: HdYeae?obAat*.
To Change Your Password in Patriot Software
If you know what your password is, but want to change it:
Dashboard > Account Settings > Manage Login Information
- Enter your current password and your new password.
- Click Save.
- Write down your new password, and keep it in a safe place.
For more information about log-in information and your password, read the article on Logging Into Patriot Software.