You can upload and store electronic file attachments to your vendor and customer records in Patriot Software, such as copies of receipts or bills. Files with the following extensions can be attached: .txt, .doc, .docx, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .pdf, .rtf, .xls, .xlsx, .csv, .tif, .tiff, .pages, .numbers, .odt, .ods.
To add an attachment to a vendor record:
Accounting > Payables > Vendors
- In the list of vendors, select the vendor name.
- Click the Attachments link on the vendor record.
- Click the Add Attachment link. A popup window will appear.
- Click Choose File, and find the file on your computer.
- Enter an optional description for the file.
- Click Add Attachment.
The attachment will now appear in the list. Click the Name to download and view the attachment.
If you need to make a change to the attachment name, you will need to delete the attachment and add it again.
To add an attachment to a customer record:
Follow the same procedure to add an attachment to a customer record by going to Accounting > Receivables > Customers > Customer Name > Attachments.