If you use either Patriot Software Accounting or the Basic Payroll you can electronically file (e-File) your 1099 NEC forms with the IRS and participating states at the end of the year for an additional cost. (The 1099 NEC forms are replacing 1099 Misc forms beginning with the 2020 tax filings.) Our Full-service payroll automatically e-files the 1099 NEC forms to the IRS and any states that participate in the combined federal and state filing program without an additional charge.
e-Filing is available from January 1 to March 31 following the year that ended.
- Customers can only e-File through Patriot one time per year.
- The states that participate in the IRS combined federal and state program are listed here. e-Filing will satisfy the state requirement of submission for these listed states.
- For unlisted states that aren’t participating in the 1099 e-filing, customers can download a 1099/1096 to mail in.
- Customers will be charged $20 for up to the first 5 1099s.
- Customers will be charged $2 for each additional 1099 greater than 5 1099s and up to a maximum of 35 1099s.
- Starting at 36 1099s, there will be no additional charge.