If you use either Patriot Software Accounting or the Basic Payroll you can electronically file (e-File) your 1099-NEC forms with the IRS and participating states at the end of the year for an additional cost. (The 1099-NEC forms report nonemployee compensation.) Our Full Service Payroll automatically e-Files the 1099-NEC forms to the IRS and any states that participate in the combined federal and state filing program without an additional charge.
e-Filing is available from January 1 – March 31 following the year that ended.
States that Participate in the Federal/State Combined Filing
- Customers can only e-file through Patriot one time per year.
- The states that participate in the IRS combined federal and state program are listed here. e-Filing will satisfy the state requirement of submission for these listed states.
- For unlisted states that aren’t participating in the 1099 e-filing, customers can download a 1099/1096 to mail in.
PRICING FOR BASIC PAYROLL, BASIC ACCOUNTING, AND ACCOUNTING PREMIUM
**E-FILING IS FREE OF CHARGE FOR FULL SERVICE PAYROLL CUSTOMERS.
- Customers will be charged $20 for up to the first 5 1099s.
- Customers will be charged $2 for each additional 1099 greater than 5 1099s and up to a maximum of 35 1099s.
- Starting at 36 1099s, there will be no additional charge.