It’s easy to just say “trust us.” But we’re serious about earning your confidence. Here are some of the measures we have taken to secure your business data.
We Are Tested
The remittance of payroll tax deposits on behalf of our TaxBeGone clients is tested and verified annually by an independent certified public accounting firm. In addition to the annual testing, this firm visits our company unannounced twice per calendar year to randomly test our payroll tax deposit procedures.
We Are Audited Annually
Our financial statements are audited annually by an independent certified public accounting firm, in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS). The firm tests our internal accounting records and performs other procedures in order to express an opinion about whether our financial statements are fairly presented.
We Hire the Right People for the Job
We make every effort to assure that we hire employees of high integrity and good moral character. As part of our hiring process, we conduct reference checks, background checks, drug screenings, and skill/aptitude testing. Our vigilance pays off with a staff of good, dependable people you can trust with your business data.
We Protect You by Bonding Our Employees
We bond our employees covering claims up to $100,000 for any fraudulent or negligent acts (i.e., protection for the unlikely event that one of our employees commits such an act).
We Make Sure Your Data is Secure
At Patriot Software, we take the physical and electronic security of your data very seriously. Here’s how, technically speaking:
- Our servers are housed in a fully secure, 24,000 square-foot, SAS 70 Type II-compliant facility that is manned round-the-clock, 365 days a year.
- Connection to your data comes via multiple lines to the Internet. A constant power supply is guaranteed through the use of 900 kVA UPS battery backups and a 2.5-megawatt diesel generator system with 4,000 gallons of diesel fuel.
- Since heat’s a real killer for computer hardware, correct temperature is maintained by multiple 540-ton HVAC units.
- Our web servers are protected by redundant firewalls using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption (just like banks and credit card company websites use). Any Patriot information you access is protected by 256-bit encryption during transmission. Our data servers (where your info is saved) are a layer or two ‘off’ the Internet, so no one can directly access the data servers unless they’re physically standing in front of them.
- When we say “fully secure” data center, we mean it. The entire data center is protected by video camera coverage. Server access is fully locked down, and only specified Patriot employees are permitted to work with the certified engineers on-site. If we do need to change our hardware, we’re escorted. No one enters (or leaves) the data center without being buzzed through security. Basically, no one gets in or out without encountering multiple levels of security, and when they’re on the premises, they’re monitored at all times.