Here’s how to pay additional money such as “Bonus” or “Commission” when you are entering a new payroll for an employee.
- Payroll > Run a New Payroll
- On Step 1: Payroll Entry, click the “Add Hours/Money” link for that employee. Any active Money Types in your Payroll Settings will appear in the drop-down list.
- Select the Money Type from the list, and enter the dollar amount. (If the Money Type does not appear in the drop-down list, you will need to either add or activate the Money Type under Payroll > Settings > Payroll Settings > Hours & Money Types.
- To add more than one Money Type, click “Add Row” for that employee. Another row of fields will appear.
- You can choose to tax money at the IRS supplemental tax rate of 25%. To tax the money at the supplemental tax rate, choose money types under the “Money Supplemental Tax Rate” section. For more information about this tax rate, see How to Tax Supplemental Pay.