How To Run A Payroll in Patriot Software
Optional dropdown fields will show if you have more than one: pay frequency, departments, and work locations.
It is important to note that if you have multiple pay frequencies, the employees who have payroll on the selected frequency are the ones displayed. You may need to run more than one payroll if you have more than one frequency.
Ready for easy payroll? Great! Here’s how to run your payroll with Patriot Software in three easy steps:
Step 1: Enter Payroll
From the Payroll menu, click “Run a New Payroll.” This will take you to the “Step1: Payroll Entry” screen with all of your active employees listed.
- Enter the dates for your pay period, the pay date and pay frequency (Pay frequency will only show if you have more than one pay frequency set up in your software account.
- Only the active employees with the selected pay frequency will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter the number of regular and overtime hours worked for each hourly employee you want to pay.
- To pay an employee additional hours for vacation, holiday, etc., click “Add Hours/Money” at the end of the employee’s row. Enter the hours and select the Hours Type from the list.
- To pay a flat dollar amount such as a bonus or commission, click “Add Hours/Money” at the end of the employee’s row. Select the money type and enter the dollar amount.
- Salaried employees are automatically paid their regular pay rate, unless you change their Pay Salary box to “No.”
- When you’ve finished entering your employee hours, click Next Step to go to Step 2.
Step 2: Approve Payroll
On the “Step 2: Approve Payroll” screen, you’ll see a summary of each employee’s check. Click “View Details” to see each employee’s paycheck detail, including any deductions or taxes, and your total payroll tax liability (if you are a Full Service Payroll customer). You can go back to Step 1 and edit your payroll if needed. When you’re satisfied with the paychecks, click Approve Payroll.
Step 3: Print Paychecks
On the “Step 3: Print Paychecks” screen, you can choose to print your checks immediately, or save them to print later. You will download a PDF of your live checks or paystubs. Your live checks will need to be printed on your pre-printed checkstock. If you handwrite your checks or use electronic payments, the paystubs would be printed on plain paper. Your payroll is now complete!
Your feedback will not receive a reply. If you have a specific issue, please reach out to our support team here.