How To Run A Payroll in Patriot Software
Run your payroll with Patriot Software in three easy steps:
Step 1: Enter Payroll
From the Payroll menu, click “Run a New Payroll.” This will take you to the “Step1: Payroll Entry” screen with all of your active employees listed.
- Enter the dates for your pay period, and the pay date.
- Enter the number of regular and overtime hours worked for each hourly employee you want to pay.
- To pay an employee additional hours for vacation, holiday, etc., click “Add Hours/Money” at the end of the employee’s row. Enter the hours and select the Hours Type from the list.
- To pay a flat dollar amount such as a bonus or commission, click “Add Hours/Money” at the end of the employee’s row. Select the money type and enter the dollar amount.
- Salaried employees are automatically paid their regular pay rate, unless you change their Pay Salary box to “No.”
- When you’ve finished entering your employee hours, click Next Step to go to Step 2.
Step 2: Approve Payroll
On the “Step 2: Approve Payroll” screen, you’ll see a summary of each employee’s check. Click “View Details” to see each employee’s paycheck detail, including any deductions or taxes, and your total payroll tax liability (if you are a Full Service Payroll customer). You can go back to Step 1 and edit your payroll if needed. When you’re satisfied with the paychecks, click Approve Payroll.
Step 3: Print Paychecks
On the “Step 3: Print Paychecks” screen, you can choose to print your checks immediately, or save them to print later. You will download a PDF of your live checks or paystubs. Your live checks will need to be printed on your pre-printed checkstock. If you handwrite your checks or use electronic payments, the paystubs would be printed on plain paper. Your payroll is now complete!