As a user of Patriot Software, you can change your password or username if needed. If you forget your password or username, you can click “Forget Username?” or “Forget Password?” on the Patriot Software Login Page. For more details, see How Do I Log In?
To Change Your Patriot Software Password
- Dashboard > Manage Login Information > Change Password
- Enter your current password and your new password, a minimum of 10 characters.
- Click Save.
While it is tempting to keep a familiar, easy-to-remember password, it is safer to change your password on a regular basis.
Guidelines for Creating a Strong Password
A strong password is harder for others to figure out, which means it is harder for others to gain access to your data. So instead of using the name of your favorite sports team or your pet’s name, consider these strategies for making a strong password… A password that you will remember, but others would not be likely to guess.
- The required password length is ten characters. However, the longer you make your password, the stronger it will be.
- Get creative! Combine letters with special characters and numbers.
- Do not go with the obvious choices.
- Use a familiar saying or quote for a longer password. Better yet, make a nonsensical word using the initial letter in each word of the sentence or phrase. (Sample: “Oh say can you see, by the dawn’s early light” would turn into: “oscysbtdel.”)
- You can make “oscysbtdel” even stronger by using some uppercase letters or inserting special characters in the mix. (Sample: Oscys*btdeL?)
To Change Your Patriot Software Username
- Dashboard > Manage Login Information > Change Username
- Enter your new username. Your password is not case sensitive, and there is no minimum character requirement. If the username you selected has already been used, you will be prompted to choose another one.
- Click Save.
When you change your username, you will be automatically logged out of the software and will need to log in again using your new username.