Employers looking for cost-effective payroll services in Texas can use Patriot Software’s Full Service Payroll option. Patriot guarantees that your federal payroll tax filings will be filed accurately and on time. Try it free today with no obligation!
Texas Payroll Tax Withholding Information:
- Withholding Requirements – There is no withholding tax in Texas.
- New Employer Register – Register online at the Unemployment Tax Registration.
Texas SUI Rate
- State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) — Employers should use the benefit ratio formula for SUI.
Wage base is $9,000 for 2019 and 2018.
The Texas SUI rate ranges from .36% – 6.36% in 2019 and .46% – 6.46% for 2018.
New employer SUI rate in Texas is based on the employer’s NAICS code. New employers use either the average rate of their NAICS code or 2.7%, whichever is higher. For more TX SUI rate information visit the Texas Workforce Commission.
**The SUI rate Texas includes: General Tax Rate, Replenishment Tax Rate, Obligation Assessment Rate, Deficit Tax Rate, and the Employment and Training Investment Assessment.
- State Labor Laws — The federal minimum wage rate of $7.25 applies. Employees should receive termination pay in six days if they are fired and on the next regular payday if they quit. Employers can find more information about Texas labor laws at the Texas Workforce Commission.
- New Hire Reporting — Employers must report hiring, rehiring, and employees returning to work within 20 days online, or with Form W-4 (or equivalent) to:
ENHR Operations Center
P.O. Box 149224
Austin, TX 78714-9224
- Child Support Withholding — Texas employers remit withholding of child support online or to:
State Disbursement Unit (SDU)
P.O. Box 659791
San Antonio, TX 78265-9791
- Reciprocal States – No
- Local Taxes – No
- Helpful Links –
Texas Workforce Commission
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts