Employee self-serve software is simply online software that allows employees to manage their own information and perform certain functions allowed by their employer.
This is Patriot Software’s employee self-serve portal specifically designed for the small business customers who have our online payroll options.
With the employee portal, your employees can access an electronic time card, plus their pay history, federal withholding info, and employer documents that you choose to share. And depending on the add-ons you select, the employee self-serve software can greatly simplify your workday.
- You can stop shuffling paper. Drowning in paperwork? Frustrated by printing costs? Interested in offering direct deposit? The employee portal can help. Employees can view and print pay stubs, complete an online version of the W-4, or manage their personal banking info for direct deposit.
- You can save time. When you add Patriot’s Time and Attendance Software, you can give employees an easy way to record their hours worked in their portal. When it’s payday, just approve the timesheet and send to payroll. Employees can also track their own vacation and personal days and add comments.
- You can work without interruption. This employee self-serve software helps employees find answers on their own! If you add on Patriot’s HR Software, employees can edit their emergency contacts and access important documents that you upload, such as benefit plans, enrollment forms, employee handbooks, phone lists, schedules…you name it.
You will send a portal registration invitation email to each employee. They will then create their own username and password. Employees will log in to the employee self-serve software at www.mypatriot.com. Then, depending on the Patriot add-ons you’ve selected, your employees can perform various functions. They can enter their hours on an electronic time card, print a pay stub, designate part of their pay to their savings account, or find answers in their employee handbook.
Your employees can view paychecks, print pay stubs, view their electronic W-2, edit their personal information, tax withholding and direct deposit details. You can add on more functionality with Patriot’s Time and Attendance and HR Software, including an electronic time card and an online repository for important documents you want to share.
Patriot’s employee portal is included for FREE when you choose either of our payroll software options – Basic Payroll or Full Service Payroll.
While employees can enter their own time worked on the electronic time card if you have Patriot’s Time and Attendance Software, only you have access to the payroll application. Employees cannot generate their own paychecks. They can print paystubs and view paychecks but only after you have run the payroll.
No. All Patriot Software programs are online. All your employees need is a computer or device with Internet access. Employees can then easily view payroll information, update their W-4, view their W-2, and print paystubs in their employee portal.
Your employees can have username reminders and password reset instructions emailed to them on their portal login page. Your employees also have the ability to change their password.
You must be a customer of Patriot Software’s online payroll to offer the employee self-service portal to your employees. However, for more features, consider adding on:
- Patriot’s Time and Attendance Software — employees can enter their own time worked.
- Patriot’s HR Software — employees can access documents that you upload and share, like a company handbook, insurance details, and company schedules. They can also keep emergency contact information up-to-date.
If you add on Patriot’s Time and Attendance Software, your employees can enter their own hours or time worked on the electronic time card in their employee portal. Hourly employees can enter their time in and time out each day including lunch and other breaks. Salary employees can enter the total time worked for the day. At the end of the pay period, employees approve the electronic time card.
Then, log in to your Patriot Software account, approve the time cards, and send them to payroll with the click of one button!